AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Actual sales do not match up with successful goals in GA

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

First, thanks for your interest and help. This is a Magento site, so the purchase success page is here /index.php/checkout/onepage/success on the domain. I have created a destination URL goal for that page. There is a discrepancy between what is showing as a conversion for that goal and the actual number of sales. 

Here is the data for the last seven days as an example.

Sales in the last seven days:

sales.PNG

*Please note that the orders during the same day were different people, so it's not a matter of having two sales but one conversion because the sales happened in the same session.

Goals conversions in the last seven days:

goals.PNG

I'm kinda stuck here. Any ideas of things this could be? Something to check in with?

Re: Actual sales do not match up with successful goals in GA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Check in all page "/index.php/checkout/onepage/success" and page "checkout/onepage/success" what the number there. Ecommerce is fine or is there a problem too?

Tomas

Re: Actual sales do not match up with successful goals in GA

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi Tom, I should have mentioned that I do have those as other goals. I created one with and one without the trailing slash because I was grasping at straws... They are both 'begins with'

/checkout/onepage/success/
/checkout/onepage/success

Neither has registered a conversion. The goal that is triggering from time to time is specifically, 'begins with' /index.php/checkout/onepage/success.

Yesterday it was correct with two sales, but other days not so much:

5th - accurate / 2 total
4th - missed 100% / 1 total
3rd - missed 50% / 2 total
29th - accurate / 1 total
28th / missed 100% / 1 total
26th / missed 66% / 3 total
21st / missed 100% / 1 total

Here is a screenshot of goal completions by source / medium https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwhUfbrOCfpjS1N2andPYmpXX2s/view?usp=sharing. I excluded some of the smaller sources, but they don't show any goal conversions and I'm inclined to think that's accurate.

Ben