AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Abnormal Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking at Google Analytics and comparing it to the my host, TigerTech, statistics. The number of visits as stated by TigerTech statistics and the number of sessions stated by Google Analytics are different day-to-day? Would you be able to explain the discrepancy for me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Abnormal Statistics

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Michael,

It is unlikely that the data from different analytics tools match. There are multiple reasons why you see different numbers in your Analytics. Common causes are:
- The way the visits/session are counted.
- Filters
- Spam
- Internal traffic

Here you can find more information about differences between analytics services

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/reports/why-do-hubspot-and-google-analytics-not-m...

To start, I recommend you creating filters for spam and internal traffic in Google Analytics, that should give a more clear view of your real visits in GA. I also would recommend sticking to GA Analytics after applying those filters. Hosting analytics usually count everything including bots and don't have the flexibility of filtering out data.

Here you will find a guide that will help you up those filters in GA.
https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: Abnormal Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!!