AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Abandoned carts in a date-range & Segments

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Apology for the long title. 

My company ran a special over memorial weekend, and I wanted to track the performance of users who abandoned their carts during the special for the following two weeks. 

My initial plan was as follows:

• Create an ecommerce segment simply by clicking "Checkout Abandonment" under shopping behavior 
  • Modify the segment by adding the AND condition "session date between 5/27 and 5/29"
  • Over the following few weeks, choose that segment with a different date-range, e.g.  5/30 to 6/9, and analyse behavior/transactions

However, I tried testing this segment by comparing to another segment where I manually loaded all the userID responsible for the abandoned carts as a segment condition, and adjusted my reporting dates to today.

Results: the former segment had zero activity, while the latter had sessions/transactions.

My questions are:

• Was former approach fundamentally wrong?  
  • Is there an easier way to achieve this objective without manually loading up user IDs, or any other custom dimension we've configured? 

Thank you in advance!

Mo