Abandoned carts in a date-range & Segments[ Edited ]
May - last edited May
Apology for the long title.
My company ran a special over memorial weekend, and I wanted to track the performance of users who abandoned their carts during the special for the following two weeks.
My initial plan was as follows:
- Create an ecommerce segment simply by clicking "Checkout Abandonment" under shopping behavior
- Modify the segment by adding the AND condition "session date between 5/27 and 5/29"
- Over the following few weeks, choose that segment with a different date-range, e.g. 5/30 to 6/9, and analyse behavior/transactions
However, I tried testing this segment by comparing to another segment where I manually loaded all the userID responsible for the abandoned carts as a segment condition, and adjusted my reporting dates to today.
Results: the former segment had zero activity, while the latter had sessions/transactions.
My questions are:
- Was former approach fundamentally wrong?
- Is there an easier way to achieve this objective without manually loading up user IDs, or any other custom dimension we've configured?
Thank you in advance!