Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

A/B/N testing in Google Analytics Experiments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I am trying to do an A/B/N testing on our home page. Here I want to show Page A for New Users and Page B for 50% returning users and Page C for 30% of returning users and Page D for 20% of returning users.

Is it possible to accomplish this in Google Analytics ? I did try the experiment in GA but wont give me the option to set up condition on how the split has to be made. If not in GA is it possible to do in another tool but get the results in GA ( I can create events in GA to capture them ?) ?

There are many tools out there, but any suggestion will be of much help to me.

Thanks,

Navi

Re: A/B/N testing in Google Analytics Experiments

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can determine the percentage of users you want to be included in your experiment

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745216?hl=en
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745152?hl=en

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

I did research on them, but in GA experiment it assigns the traffic random. I wanted to assign the traffic as New user to a page and the returning users to another page. Is it possible to do in GA content experiment or is there any other tool that is capable of doing the testing by user traffic type ?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Not in GA configuration, but if you are comfortable with JavaScript and cookies you can add the code to the standard GA experiments code for your requirements.