Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

3RD Party Payment Gateway shows up as referral

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Wonderful People,

Greetings for the day. As usual I will need a little help to get a minor issue resolved out here.

I have recently developed an eCommerce backend (CMS) & have been developing sites on them. 

2 of the latest sites that I developed using the same CMS was a household appliances store & a furniture store. 

I have implemented universal analytics & the standard e commerce code on the Household appliances. I had no issues with the tracking. 

For the Furniture store, Initially i hadn't implemented any e commerce code. Just the normal universal tracking code across all pages in the website. Tracking was normal, only issue was that the third party payment gateway that a user is directed to when he opts to make the payment online, was appearing as a referral.

After a month I implemented enhanced e commerce on the furniture store. The 3rd party payment gateway started accounting for all transactions. The bounce rate which was normal started showing as 4%. 

I had run campaigns and traffic was showing perfectly fine. Traffic through Social networks & others were recording absolutely fine, only issue was all sales were being attributed to the 3rd party payment gateway.

For the records the 3rd party payment gateway used in the household appliances store is CCAvenues & for the furniture store is PayUBiz. 

Is there an issue with the implementation or is it something else. 

Kindly enlighten, will help me a lot.

Best Regards

Re: 3RD Party Payment Gateway shows up as referral

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
You are not alone many ecommerce site facing exatly the same issue. I'm also one of them and I assured you I have implemented everything that I can to stop payment gateway referral but I only minimize payment gateway referrals.

I'm sharing few best post on this issue.

http://blog.analytics-toolkit.com/2015/payment-gateway-referrer-exclusions-google-analytics/

https://www.optimizesmart.com/tracking-true-referrals-in-google-analytics-when-using-paypal-and-othe...

Hope this helps.

Thanks