Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

visits to website via cell phones do not show up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently installed Google Analytics to my website.  Visits from laptops and mobile tablets show up, but visits via cell phones (both android and ios) do not show up.  Suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do you have a mobile version of your site which is not tracked? 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
How recently did you install the tracking?

Reason i ask is because mobiles dont always send their hits at the time they happen, sometimes they save and send them thru in batches so as to conserve battery power, so if you are not seeing the mobile hits in real time reporting that may be why.. and then data latency for the standard reports can be up to 48hrs, so it may be a day or so before you see that data in the reports. Has it be been over 48hrs since you know the mobile visits occurred?

And are there any filters applied - might be blocking those visits from being reported?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Also check the real time reports in GA to confirm.