Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

time on page and session duration as dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

L.S.

I'm trying to analyze engagement. I do this with a custom report that has two dimensions: Page Depth and Session Duration. As metrics I use Sessions and Users.

My problem is that I get way more Sessions and Users than I expected. When I sum them I get over 10 times more than I actualy had in the date range.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: time on page and session duration as dimensions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Daniel, how are things?

Sessions is a common metric to have higher numbers then expected because one single user can generate multiple sessions.

Daniel M wrote:

My problem is that I get way more Sessions and Users than I expected. When I sum them I get over 10 times more than I actualy had in the date range.

It's important to understand this base of yours, can you provide some numbers? What was your expected numbers and how did you find out that the number is 10x higher? Do you have another source to compare to?

Also, it's important to understand what are you traffic sources to try to identify any different behavior or even tag errors (custom UTMs, wrong installation or even snippet duplication on website and those kind of things.

Notice: Your original post was made on the Adwords community. Since this is GA related, I'm moving your post. Any doubts on this let me know.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click