Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

thirds party reporting tools that integrate with Google analytics?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Which third party online tools can I use to create awesome reports that are able to read data from GA?

Google just came with Data studio, but it's still in Beta, and we can use it in the Netherlands Smiley Sad.

I make a lot of reports in Excel and manually type in the numbers from the my GA dashboards/reports, but can't that be done easier, without spending lots of money on expensive tools?

Please share your experience as I find it hard to find these kind of third party tools.

- Ed

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: thirds party reporting tools that integrate with Google analytics?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ed,

Data Studio is awesome. Wait for it.

There are a lot of cool tools that do dashboards like Klipfolio and Tableau is awesome for in depth data connections and visualizations, but DataStudio is free (5 reports).

You can also use the API via Google Sheets and the Embed API. You can find more on both at the API query Explorer:

https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/embed-api/
https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/spreadsheet-add-on/

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
If you like working in excel you can use analytics edge to pull data directly into excel, and best of all the queries you create remain in excel so you can update your data with ease.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Brian,
Many thanks for all the tips.
In the mean while I looked at Tableau, Swydo, and the Google Sheet Add-on, and the Analytics Edge. I played with the Add-On.

However, I have a mac, so using the Analytics Edge is difficult.
What I would like to do the make the following week report:
As rows: thinks like CTR, Bounce, goal conversions, etc...
As column: the week number.
So for every week a add a new column and fill in the new numbers.

Which tool do you think I can use (best) for this?
I think I can realize this with Google Sheet Add-On, but it's very verbose and many sheets that are generated.

- Ed
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed B
July 2016

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hmm hard for me to say my organization uses windows based machines so my knowledge of what is out their for MAC is limited. We just started to utilize Tableau and a software package called JMP. When I reviewed Tableau it seemed to be missing several dimensions and metrics that analytics edge included (could be that I am just not up to speed on Tableau yet). JMP on the other hand offered a lot of features and also contains statistical formulas that were rather easy to learn.
If analytics edge wont work for you on MAC I would check out JMP as it is much cheaper than Tableau, however if you or your organization has a large budget Tableau is more universal and allows for direct importing from GA.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Brian for all the tips and advice. It sure helps.
- Ed