Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

stop analytics_test from appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am long time user of Analytics and set it up on a new website I just made. I clicked on the "Send test traffic" button which worked fine and I saw the traffic under the name "analytics_test".

What I don't understand is that analytics_test continues to send traffic (every day) to the site, is there no automatic way to turn it off without having to create a filter? I really would appreciate not having to create a filter just for this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: stop analytics_test from appearing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Peter :-)

If you clear your cookies, it should fix the issue.
You may also want to setup another View too and apply a filter so as your own site visits do not get tracked

Cheers
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Bronwyn, the analytics_test would show on days that I wasn't even visiting the site. It appears though that it has stopped (without doing anything) and I will continue to monitor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am getting the same referral traffic. I am suspicious that it's a result from the dynamic AdWords campaign I'm running.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Laura I am getting similar (and running an AdWords campaign) - I suspect there is a correlation here. As with 'ghost referrals' I am just going to use some ReGex in a filter to remove from reporting view.