Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

segments using shoppingStage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a set of automated reports that involve API queries using segments based on shoppingStage, like this:

sessions::condition::ga:shoppingStage==CHECKOUT_1

These were working fine until this week, now all queries against these segments are returning 0 sessions - even queries with date ranges of previous reports, where the same query worked correctly 

I also find that using the "Click to create an Ecommerce segment" feature in the checkout behaviour report in GA yields a segment that shows 0 sessions - even though there are sessions showing at that checkout stage in the checkout behaviour report. 

Any ideas?

segments using shoppingStage

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In case anyone else has the same issue, I worked around this by using a regex match rather than exact. sessions::condition::ga:shoppingStage=~CHECKOUT_1 works for my purposes. 

Strangely sessions::condition::ga:shoppingStage=~CHECKOUT_1$ returns 0 sessions, even though if you use the un-anchored regex (ie as above w/o the $), and apply ga:shoppingStage as a dimension, then CHECKOUT_1 is one of the ones returned. 

If anyone knows why I'm keen to understand.