Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

referral subject & differences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does someone have an explanation of why this situation happen ?

unnamed.png

In my mind, there is only one source from google image no ?

Why do Google makes difference ?

Thank you very much,

Ruben

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: referral subject & differences

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Add secondary dimensions to the report such as Network Domain or Continent and you will see that one of those two is most likely a Ghost Refferal Bounce rate and Average Time on Page are usually a good indicator of Ghosts.

Re: referral subject & differences

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ruben,

images.google was just exposed again as a separate source in November of 2015. Also it seems ( I have not seen anything documented or tested so this is just a hypothesis) that perhaps based upon your search console country targeting settings or maybe GA account settings that your target or account country defines the organic domain for images and other Google properties e.g. google.in etc would show as a referral.

I also have a colleague that experienced a flip from referral to organic for the same Google property.

It would be interesting to plot these two rows on the timeline for this date range to see if referral has become organic or the other way around.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn