Analytics
6.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

"not provided" data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Could somebody educate me as to what the difference is between the "not provided" data in Analytics and the Search Console data? I know you can only go back 90 days in the Searh Console but I don't see much more difference?

Why would google block this data from Analytics but then show it on Search Console?

Does this mean the data on Search Console is unreliable?

I know I'm a little late with this :/ ... but I'm struggling to get any solid answers in the general web?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "not provided" data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There is no (new) data being blocked. Google Search Console gathers data on clicks and impressions per page, plus clicks and impressions per query. If you add up all the page numbers, you'd find there are more that the total for the queries. Analytics actually identifies this difference and labels it '(not set)'. Search Console/Webmaster Tools has always filtered out personally identifiable information and other tidbits from the queries.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.