Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

"Unique Event" reporting: Goal Metrics not being populated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 1.48.55 PM.png

Notice the "0"'s in the last two columns.

I'm assuming there's a problem with the way I've built this custom report, but I've seen other configurations elsewhere that look similar.

I'm trying to figure out how to report goal metrics from an AB test with a control (tgs-0-0) and a variant (tgs-1-1). I know that they both have goal completions for the above metrics.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tonner J
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tonner,

I would create 2 separate segments with condition Event Action = tgs0-0 and tgs-1-1, named something like "Test Name: Control" and "Test Name: Variation." You can apply both at the same time to view side by side. 

Then I would change your custom report dimension from Event Action to something like date to get daily data (totals will still be displayed above) and replace Unique Events (New) with Sessions. Sessions will give you the number of visits that saw each experience and your goals should also show up. 

Hope this helps,

Mike 

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Event data is not available with goal data.
what you can do here is create a custom dimension that saves your AB test result and use that dimension with goal metrics.

hit like if this helps

kind regards

Noman Karim

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tonner J
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tonner,

I would create 2 separate segments with condition Event Action = tgs0-0 and tgs-1-1, named something like "Test Name: Control" and "Test Name: Variation." You can apply both at the same time to view side by side. 

Then I would change your custom report dimension from Event Action to something like date to get daily data (totals will still be displayed above) and replace Unique Events (New) with Sessions. Sessions will give you the number of visits that saw each experience and your goals should also show up. 

Hope this helps,

Mike 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Mike! 

So I didn't create a "custom report", but segmented my data based on those two segments. Pretty cool. Thanks man.