Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

"N-I-P" ? What is this?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys!
I have a question for you.

Recently I've noticed that in my real time reports there's a medium source called N-I-P.

I've realized that 100% of the traffic comming from N-I-P is from android origin.

So...what is it?
Where is it really coming from?

Thanks.

PS: N-I-P does not has "-" on it. I've just added that because was censored. LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guilherme K
August

"N-I-P" ? What is this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I found out: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=nip&c=apps

There's this app called "Central das Notícias" (the logo is a red bird). I've installed it and found my content inside of it. I'm assuming they get the RSS feed from websites and send a push to ga via javascript every time any article is accessed from within the app, as the visitor never leaves the app. I don't know if this is good or bad, or if it's even OK for from to do this. 

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

"N-I-P" ? What is this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the same type of medium. Don't know what it is, and haven't found anything on this.

"N-I-P" ? What is this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes me too i dont know what is it, 60% my visitor from NIP ... 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guilherme K
August

"N-I-P" ? What is this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I found out: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=nip&c=apps

There's this app called "Central das Notícias" (the logo is a red bird). I've installed it and found my content inside of it. I'm assuming they get the RSS feed from websites and send a push to ga via javascript every time any article is accessed from within the app, as the visitor never leaves the app. I don't know if this is good or bad, or if it's even OK for from to do this. 

Hope it helps!

"N-I-P" ? What is this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for answering this question.

I've discovered last week and I forgot to answer my own question. lol

I've been stucked in the same question as you are.

If that firing in GA is really a visit to our site or a read to our content in their platform.

They do put a link to the original content, but I'm finding extremely improbable that the user clicks in the link in the end after reading it all.