Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

question about Segment > Behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about the difference of segment.

Segment > Behavior

what's the difference between "session duration per user <2" and "session duration per session <2" ?

report sample: http://imgur.com/QaSOuZe

Thanks!!!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: question about Segment > Behavior

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
user based metrics are looking at the user's (i.e the person) behaviour over every session they have made in a 90 day period. Session based metrics look at the behaviour in a session.

Therefore, in the your segment if it is using a user level metric then any session which the user has had, which means that they match your segment, will cause them to be included or excluded from the segment.
John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: question about Segment > Behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
could you help me to understand how to explain the report,
for example
1. session duration per user <2
so the report only shows the behavior and traffic, whose session duration <2, is it correct?
What if someone have both session duration <2 and session duration >2, will the user be calculated to this report?

2. session duration per session <2
how to explain the user, session and page views? who is included in this report.

Many thanks Smiley Happy