Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

(other) in Page Report and tracking codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am working on cleaning up a eCommerce website's Google Analytics that has unique query parameter problem that causes (other) to be the highest page in the unfiltered view. I created a new view to test if I stripped all of the unique query parameters from the URLs if that would get rid of (other). It did not, but definitely cut into the total number.

My question is that if I used a tracking code but it went to a page that was listed in (other) would it show in my referral report but just not in the pages report? I want to make sure that my effort to tag all incoming traffic is not thwarted by us having too many pages to track (we also use Adobe so paying for two analytics programs is out of the question). 

Second question is if we have an internal search, can that still be recorded from the URL if I am stripping everything?

1 Expert replyverified_user

(other) in Page Report and tracking codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

'Other' is a group so it will not affect for example Acquisition reports

if you filter all query parameters the internal search will be gone too since filters are applied before reports. Parameter names that you want to filter do not have common nominator?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible