Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

multi-channel funnels top conversion paths report - source/medium

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having some difficulty understanding the multi-channel funnels - top conversion paths report. My top paths to conversion for the past week have been facebook.com / cpc -> m.facebook.com / referral and facebook.com / cpc -> faceboom.com / referral.

This user behavior seems odd. Is it suggesting that most of my conversions are coming from users who had a facebook cpc session followed by a separate facebook referral session? It seems to me like there is a tracking issue but I'm not sure that I'm fully understanding the report.

Has anyone had a similar experience related to the multi-channel funnels report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: multi-channel funnels top conversion paths report - source/medium

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Chris,

From experience this can be either 1 of 2 possibilities:

#1 You're tracking isn't properly setup or there's an issue with your website that is stripping your UTM tracking from the link (sometimes shortened links that are improperly setup can do this). Go through the Facebook platform and test our the ads to see if the UTM data is still attached, then go to Real-Time data in Analytics to see if a test conversion reflects this data.

#2 Links that are listed as m.facebook.com / referral or other subdomains like LM.FACEBOOK.COM often mean that the traffic is being sent organically, via being 'mentioned' in the comments section of an ad, appearing on someone's newsfeed because of a 'like', the ad being 'shared' or many other possible reasons. Because Facebook keeps the subdomain URL secure with HTTPS we can't know for sure but it is within reason to suspect that your ads are being shared around. A good indication is whether many people are sharing or commenting in your ads.

Hope this helps!
- Josh
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’