Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

how to measure traffic from facebook instant article

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know how can i measure site traffic which came through FBIA through Google Analytics. I need to compare them with the ad serving reports

Re: how to measure traffic from facebook instant article

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

You can use the Google URL Builder to create a tracking link that you'll be able to use in Facebook.

Once you're generating traffic, you'll see what you set up appearing in Google Analytics

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

Ali

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Thomas,
as Ali wrote you can use Google url builder, but pay attention that click (what adserver measures) and session (what google Analytics measures) are different metrics and they will have always differences

Fil

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Didhin Thomas A,

Yes to elaborate on that critical point from @filtro, Facebook will report a number of clicks and indeed conversions by default when you look in Ad Manager, but those numbers won't match up to Google Analytics with these URLs.

Firstly, in Facebook a click can be a like, comment, etc so you'd need to pay attention to click to website metrics. And since a click can lead to multiple sessions, your sessions in GA will appear higher than the website clicks in Facebook.

Secondly, Facebook reports conversions based on click and view windows - meaning they'll count conversions based on people seeing your ad and converting in a particular time period and also about 30 days after their click (no matter what they interacted with up until their conversion - so they could click your ad on Facebook, mess around with other channels like organic, AdWords and referral links and Facebook would still track any conversions as their own).

Lastly, analytics will show you the last non-direct channel against any conversions. This is why sessions will be higher on GA than in Facebook and conversions may be lower than in Facebook.

I hope all this helps!

Ali