Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

google analytics numbers don't seem correct

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I could use some help.

I am seeing a dramatic drop off in google analytics reported site traffic after I released a new version of my site.

The traffic numbers reported by adsense and my site host still remain about the same however.

Obviously i'm hoping that the adsense and site host numbers are the correct ones but I don't know what could be wrong with the analytics numbers.

The only thing i have in my code 

is <meta name="google-site-verification"...>

and <meta name="y_key ...>

which has served me for years

I am seeing reporting from a range of my pages and everything points to stats being kept so I can't tell if these numbers are real or if I've broken something. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google analytics numbers don't seem correct

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ilene m,

Have you been able to verify the health of your tracking code? Is it still tracking and you can see hits via tools like Chrome Debugger? This would at least indicate if you have correctly implemented the tracking code. Also check that you don't have unknown filters filtering out traffic, and that the tracking code is on all your pages (possible that the new version doesn't have tracking code on all pages).
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: google analytics numbers don't seem correct

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi thanks for taking the time to reply I've tried looking at some of your suggestions already but not all I'll try some of your ideas tomorrow..... will try post back if I find anything interesting... or better yet solve the problem Sent from my iPhone