Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

google analytics data by minute

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi google community

In Google analytics I only can find data view and report by hour, week, month. But I really need data split by minute.

The objective is to assess the impact of television advertising and facebook posts in visits to the site. The data split per hour is not enough, since several of these events occur in the same hour.

Any help is welcome.

Best regards

José Dias

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author José D
November 2015

Re: google analytics data by minute

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

you can use additional dimensions in a custom reports such as:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#view=detail&group=time&jum...
This needs to be used with a filter or secondary dimension of hour so You will be able to fine grain minutes within the needed Hour of the day.

Or you can send your own timestamps with a custom dimension (you can but in this case it is not really needed).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author José D
November 2015

Re: google analytics data by minute

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

you can use additional dimensions in a custom reports such as:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#view=detail&group=time&jum...
This needs to be used with a filter or secondary dimension of hour so You will be able to fine grain minutes within the needed Hour of the day.

Or you can send your own timestamps with a custom dimension (you can but in this case it is not really needed).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zorin! I had a feeling this was the right way to go ... but was wondering if you had any more details on the the exact setting for a customer report that could, for example, see how many viewers there were between 8:30am and 10:15am on a specific day? Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well there is a way for the same. When you select the Secondary Dimension, please select : Minute Index. This will give you the exact minutes when you got visit. But, it will be in a range of 0 - 1440 ( total minutes in a day), you need to convert those minutes to get exact hour of the day. You can use Minutes converter tool. As it is 24 hours clock, you can assume AM or PM.

Hope that helps.