Analytics
8.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

events and goals are same ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I do have doubt regarding in EVENT and GOAL.

1) For Example: www.example.com in this domain i have one download .exe file cta button. if i clicked on that button it goes to thankyou page and automatically downloads .exe file. I set up a thankyou page as in my goal conversion and download cta as set up in events tracking.
My question is 1) lets consider A,
if A clicks the download button it goes to thank you page and .exe file downloads so as per my set up, goal and event tracking will be count as a 1 number ?? or it will count only in event ???

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: events and goals are same ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If a clicks the download button, if the event is an onclick on the download button.. each time it is clicked it will be an event.
If the thankyou page is a goal, then then it will only register as a goal conversion once per session
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: events and goals are same ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Bronwyn,

Thank you!
As per my setup, then i will get one count in event and one count in goal conversion, Am i right ?