Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

duplicated link out of nowhere

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

trying to understand and check conversion, but ive found that there are 2 links for the same page where customers order and buy my products, see attached file, line 5 & 6.

Google sees it differently, /rendeles and /rendeles/ but i do not see how this duplication come from or why is the slash added to the url. 

Could you please help me in this, why is this, how to change it to have only 1? 

Thank you in advance

Laszlo

image.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Geosics, 

what is the right amount of conversion? The some of the 2 pages views? Or the correct amount is the one related one of the 2 pages?

How did you QA the pages? Did you use the Google Tag Assistant? sometimes is really helpful to understand how and what is happening.

Matteo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matteo

well, its changing and comes from many pages. Fact is that conversion can come from both mentioned sales pages. I just dont know why there are 2 pages with the same name? Did google create it, or something else? 

I m not using TA, only Analytics. And Im trying to setup it to see from where my customers are coming, which url is the starting one.. 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Geosics,

Your page  'rendeles' is accessible as both '.../rendeles/' and '.../rendeles' . Google Analytics will recognize and show this page in separate rows(with and without trailing slash) as you see in your screenshot.

You have 2 options:

1. You can ask your developers to change this situation and make that page accessible only with trailing slash or without.

2. You can set a Google Analytics View Filter that modifies the page path and adds the trailing slash when user visits '.../rendeles'.

If you choose the second option, you can read the following article that explains how to do this: http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2015/12/10/basic-google-analytics-filters/#Append Slash to Request URI

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Güney

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Güney, 

thanks a lot for your answer, that was the problem. 

You were a great help, I aprreciate it! 

Thanks

Laszlo

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You're welcome Regina. I am happy that it solved your issue! Smiley Happy