Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

different sessions number

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So I created a new segment, with traffic source contains "facebook.com". When viewing that segment in Audience - Overview, GA reports 455 sessions.

However, when going to Acquisition - All traffic - Channels - Social - Facebook, it's only 370 sessions. The same number in Acquisition - All traffic - Source / Medium when I filtered Source / medium contains "facebook".

Why that? Please advice.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hung P
August

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, @Hung P

check the scope of your segment. If "source contains "facebook.com" is applied at the user level then the segment would also count all the sessions of the users who has at leat one session from facebook. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123951?hl=en#definition

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hung P
August

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, @Hung P

check the scope of your segment. If "source contains "facebook.com" is applied at the user level then the segment would also count all the sessions of the users who has at leat one session from facebook. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123951?hl=en#definition

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Hung P

Google Uses Pre-aggregated tables to show the data on the UI to make the page load faster .

So once you see numbers on the report, it may differ to what you see via segment. This generally happens if you looking at the report for the current date.

I suggest you to remove the current date and try. If you have Big Query Acess, it is advisable to use that for the numbers.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I corrected the filters, and now I got the same numbers. Thanks for answering