Analytics
6.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

cross device conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody! 

For a little research that i am doing i need to use the cross device conversion tracking. I am  told that Google needs people to log into multiple devices with the same Google account to measure a cross device conversion. But how many people are logged into multiple devices (desktop and mobile) with the same account? I can't find any figures on this subject. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luuk v
November 2015

Re: cross device conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Luuk
I don't imagine there any figures. What exactly are you looking for? If you can define your question more clearly, it might help.

In terms of general figures published by Google, they don't exist. I'd imagine it's growing annually though considering the role Google plays in all our lives.

As for account specific, is this what you're looking for? If so, GA doesn't provide logged in user stats in GA.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luuk v
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Luuk
I don't imagine there any figures. What exactly are you looking for? If you can define your question more clearly, it might help.

In terms of general figures published by Google, they don't exist. I'd imagine it's growing annually though considering the role Google plays in all our lives.

As for account specific, is this what you're looking for? If so, GA doesn't provide logged in user stats in GA.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It is same site login account not same Google account.

To see the count you can enable user id feature and also store the user id in a custom dimension.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So the cross device tracking is all about people that login on your website

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
No, that is incorrect. It's what Google determines to be the same user based on the data that they have on the visitor being logged into their Google account. It has nothing to do with login details on your own website.

You can find everything you need to know here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Luuk
You may want to look at enabling the user ID feature as I believe it will give you at least some of what you are looking for https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6096795?hl=en&ref_topic=6083659

I think GA Guru had a typo that changed (what I believe to be) a question into a statement. I think maybe he was asking you if that was what you were asking.

Either way, you should have everything you need now.