Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

blank Event Categories reporting Unique Events

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Suddenly my Top Events report is including an extra row that has blank Event Category (Action and Label) but with numerous Unique Events being reported.  This is occurring across more than one Analytics Property.  Moreover, it only occurs across date ranges and I can't isolate the specific daily counts, and plotting that row on the graph results in a flat line on zero. 

Re: blank Event Categories reporting Unique Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You're not alone. We manage lots of Analytics accounts and we're seeing it across numerous accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I too am seeing this and it is super annoying. One thing that I noticed is that the blank category will disappear when trying to isolate by day but when you start looking over weekly periods it will show up again. Also, on our accounts, it starts to show up on May 14th, 2016. It is a very strange occurrence. Even though it doesn't effect event Unique Event totals I would like to know what is going on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seeing the same here across multiple accounts/properties.  Can't isolate by date.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Duplicate thread. Mike S. says it's an issue with the Analytics reporting interface at https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Reports/Empty-events/td-p/560833. I'm not sure where to verify that it's being actively worked on. I'm new to the forum!