Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

?awt_ appended to my pages in Content PageViews

g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I check Pageviews under Site Content I have pages with the follwoing appened to the url:

?awt_I=" and a long hash...  

For example, page "ABC" will show in report as a page "ABC" but perhaps additionally something like

"ABC?awt_I=KEUuU&awt-M-......."

I think I've found that it's javascript related.  However, I've watched Real TIme and I can't reproduce the appended url data buy clicking on any javascript buttons, etc.

Comments?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author g s
February 2016

Re: ?awt_ appended to my pages in Content PageViews

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
LOL! Okay, I'm not a developer so I'll leave that to you! Just create a duplicate view (If you don't already have one for analysis) and add in the filter param just like you have it in your previous post in the view settings. You'll be all set!

To create the duplicate view (name it something different of course) you can use the "copy view" link form the view settings.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Check for
1.any changes made to the default GA code on the page.
2. under Admin >> view settings>> Default page optional, make it blank.

g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much for you reply.
1. The GA code has not been touched.
2. The "Default page" option was already blank.

g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do however see a box to enter for "Exclude URL Query Parameters" which is what that is. Right? I'll give that a try. But I still would like to know what is producing the "awt_I" code.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi g s,

You are absolutely correct you can exclude the param in view settings. That said, I would not do this necessarily in the unfiltered view, but in an analysis view. I think it's related to AJAX but not sure. Best to check with your Dev team.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I appreciate the comments! Thanks.

I am my Dev team! I've clicked everything that runs a script on the page and all I get on Real Time page hit is a normal URL. I cannot reproduce the url with the "?" appendage... Only thing on the page is a social media share/print script and "send to Kindle" script.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author g s
February 2016

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
LOL! Okay, I'm not a developer so I'll leave that to you! Just create a duplicate view (If you don't already have one for analysis) and add in the filter param just like you have it in your previous post in the view settings. You'll be all set!

To create the duplicate view (name it something different of course) you can use the "copy view" link form the view settings.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
g s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The scripts are taken from existing services Smiley Happy OK. Thanks for the detail. But I do wish I knew what was creating it.

Thanks very much.