Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

assisted conversion value & Last click or Direct Conversion Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I see in the GA the assisted conversion value and I can't under how he is calculated 
I checked the help center and it's very unclear if someone can please explain this in length.

same question for Last click or Direct Conversion Value

the last question and the most important I have attached a printscreen and I'm trying to understand

if the numbers I see there should be added to the revenue presented in the 2nd picture

GA_1.jpgga_@.jpg

Re: assisted conversion value & Last click or Direct Conversion V

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In Google Analytics the default attribution model is Last Non-Direct Click.
In this model all direct traffic is ignored, and 100% of the credit goes to the last channel.
This model is default in all reports except Multi-Channel Funnels.

For example if we have such a path:

google/cpc > google/organic > direct (conversion: 100 USD)

in Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels report the conversion is assigned to Organic Search (direct traffic at the end of path is ignored).

But in Multi-Channel Funnels conversion (Last Click or Direct Conversions) is assigned to Direct channel and assisted conversion is assigned to Paid and Organic Search.

The Assisted Conversion report will looks like this:

ChannelAssisted ConversionsAssisted Conversion ValueLast Click or Direct ConversionsLast Click or Direct Conversion Value
 Direct --1100
 Paid Search 1 100 --
 Organic Search 1 100 --

But in summary we have one assisted conversion with value 100USD and one Last Click or Direct Conversions with value 100USD.

Let's take some more complicated example Smiley Happy

path1: google/cpc > google/organic > direct > google/cpc (conversion: 100 USD) x2 

path2: google/organic > google/cpc(x2) > direct (conversion: 200USD) x1

path3: google/organic (conversion: 50 USD) x1

ChannelAssisted ConversionsAssisted Conversion ValueLast Click or Direct ConversionsLast Click or Direct Conversion Value
 Direct 2 (2 conv in path1)200 (2x100)1 (path2)200
 Paid Search 3 (2 conv in path1 + 1 in path2) 400 (2x100+200) 2 (path1)200 (2x100)
 Organic Search 3 (2 conv in path1 + 1in path2) 400 (2x100+200) 1 (path3)50

In summary we have 3 Assisted Conversion with value 400USD and Last Click or Direct Conversion with value 450USD.

So you can't compare values from MCF reports with values from other reports.

Re: assisted conversion value & Last click or Direct Conversion V

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tomasz for such a great explanation! Finally this MCF report has been clarified for me.

Question: For my ecommerce client, PPC campaigns tend to play more of an assisted conversion role. If I want to calculate the "real" or "total" revenue contribution from PPC, could I just add the Assisted conversion value and the last click value? Or will I be counting some revenue twice? I'm just trying to give my client an accurate report on how the PPC campaigns have performed in terms of contributing to total revenue, and to give an accurate Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tomasz_C

I hope you can help me with this pickle

Im trying to calculate a total revenue ( assisted + direct ) for my adwords.

So far what I do is:

Im taking revenue from cpc ( standard report outside of MCF )

and adding

total assisted conversion value from MCF

The total is my total revenue that my adwords generated.

I have a feeling this is wrong as these might be some duplication going on.

There is another figure in MCF/Top Conversion Paths report

Which If I filer by adwords and select path lenght all, it gives me a figure.

What is the difference between the two and which one should I use

Dzieki!

ga1.JPG

And the second figure is in 

Conversions/Multi-Channel Funnels/Top Conversion Paths

ga2.JPG

If I want to calculate a total revenue from my ads ( direct + assisted ).

Which figures should I be using?

I see there is a lot of duplications in the first figure.

If the ad was in the path more than one, it will double count it.

I need a reliable figure with no duplications

Please help

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

May I know how you get the summary value?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

To get summary for assisted conversions you have to add conversion value for all conversions with path length greater than one.

So in my example you take values from path1 (2x100USD) and path2 (1 x 200USD).

Path3 has length equal 1 so there is no assisted channel, no assisted conversion and no assisted conversion value.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tomasz_C for the great insights!

I have a question though.

When I check my Adwords campaigns overall goal value (Acquisition > Adwords > Campaigns), the figure is way bigger than the Last Click or Direct Conversion Value attributed to Paid Search - google/cpc in the MCF

If I take your example -> path3: google/organic (conversion: 50 USD) x1 with Last Click or Direct Conversion Value = 50 USD

How can my Adwords goal value be bigger than the Last Click or Direct Conversion Value then?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm sorry I didn't answer earlier.

The situation that you've described is completely normal. It's because users make conversion from Direct channel after they visited website from Paid channel.

If conversion path ends with Direct channel but there was a previous session from the other known source the conversion will be attributed to this last known source (in all reports except MCF).

For this path:
Organic => Paid => Direct (conversion: 100USD)

in Acquisition > Adwords > Campaigns report you'll see a conversion for AdWords campaign with value 100USD.

But in Assisted Conversion report Paid channel will have 1 assisted conversion (100USD) and 0 last click or direct conversions. Because Paid channel only assisted in this path.