Analytics
3.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

active users vs. users (visits)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My 30-day active user number is about 1,000 off of my user number for the same date range. Shouldn't these numbers be the same, in theory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Register M
December 2015

Re: active users vs. users (visits)

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

30day active users:The number of unique users who had at least one session within a 30-day period. The 30-day period includes the last day in your active date range.

users: Users that have had at least one session within the selected date range. Includes both new and returning users.

visits = sessions

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Register M
December 2015

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

30day active users:The number of unique users who had at least one session within a 30-day period. The 30-day period includes the last day in your active date range.

users: Users that have had at least one session within the selected date range. Includes both new and returning users.

visits = sessions

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
These numbers should be the same when you take same 30 days period and look at Users metric in Overview report and 30 Day Active Users value under the plot or a last point on the plot.