Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Referrals Missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been looking for our Youtube referral traffic on GA, but haven't been able to see anything. I have a few videos with over 80k views, but less than 7 referral clicks from Youtube. I tried clicking from Youtube to my website to see if I show up in real-time, or in the reporting. Help please!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube Referrals Missing

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Traffic is being reported into GA. What should we look for in the GA debugger? It does run, and information is presented.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ben, you said " I tried clicking from Youtube to my website to see if I show up in real-time, or in the reporting" -- but you didn't say what you saw in Real Time reporting. Did you see a visit from your city? Was it showing as Direct or Referral?

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did check the realtime reports , but none of the users were reported to be from YouTube. And since we typically have 100 or more visitors on tbe site at any time, i cant really tell which one is me.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You could click through from YouTube, then go somewhere on your site that most people don't go (like the privacy policy page) then look in the stats in a couple of hours to see what source went to that page from your City. There's always a way...
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.