Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Yesterday traffic data missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My yesterdays traffic data is missing from Google analytics, not for all my accounts but only for ONE account. I am super confused, I only excluded a spam referral from filters. claim50651056.copyrightclaims.org

I dont find any traffic for yesterday, how could I retrieve back, did anyone experience this issue...

I checked the below too and also the website has my analytics js

Status
Receiving traffic in past 48 hours.

Advance thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Yesterday traffic data missing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Angelina P :-)
Did you keep your initial View filter free and create a new View to add the filter to?

Normal reporting latency is 24-48hrs (however data often appears before this in the reports).
The amount of traffic your site gets can also affect report freshness
Data processing latency
Processing latency is 24-48 hours.
Standard accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Google Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day. This can delay updates to reports and metrics for up to two days.
To restore intra-day processing, reduce the number of sessions your account sends to < 200,000 per day. For Premium accounts, this limit is extended to 2 billion hits per month.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Are you able to pls provide a link to your website, to enable one of us here to take a quick look at the tracking code

Thanks
Whims

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply Whims,
todays data is showing perfectly I can see the real time and also it has got updated in all traffic
but yesterdays data is completely missing, the google analytics code too is working fine
I am no where near receiving 200,000 traffic a day... I receive around 3 to 5 thousand traffic a day...
wil i be able to retrieve those data?
I didnt understand the below part, please elaborate
Did you keep your initial View filter free and create a new View to add the filter to?

my website is callcheapflights.co.uk

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

Bare in mind it can take 24-48hrs for changes in the tracking code or filters to start showing in the reporting.

Usual best practice when using filters is to keep the initial default View without any filters applied to it.
This ensures there is always a completely unedited, 'raw', copy of data should it be needed at any
stage for reporting purposes.

Generally data that is lost due to an error in a filter configuration or if there are coding errors on a site
that may affect the tracking code working correctly or similar situations, that missing data cannot be retrieved.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your response, can I delete all my filters to see whether I could get my data back
the data I have missed is really important to me in reporting to the management. Could you assist me out please?
any way to get the datas back, I could give a try

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

If the data was filtered out, you cannot get the missing data back

What i would do is remove the filters from the original View as it has all the sites current
and historical data in it

I would create a new View and then apply the filters to the new View only.
A new View will not populate with the historical data however filters do not work on past collected
data anyhow, only going forward frm the time they are applied.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Could you kindly suggest me a link, which explains me to create a new view
I am bit confused, what difference wil it make in creating two views?
wil i have two analytics account for the same domain?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angelina P
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
No you wont have two analytics accounts.

In a Google Analytics Account are one (or more) Properties (usually each site has its own Property)
The Property # is the same also known as the Tracking ID #

Each Property has one default View created when the Property is created
named All Website Data.
Properties can have one (or more) Views, depending on reporting needs.

General best practice is to leave the initial default View alone and not apply filters
to it - as explained, it helps to protect against data loss due to incorrect filters etc.

There is information in the help docs on how to create a View
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009714?hl=en