Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Wrong/duplicated url segments being displayed on reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My analytics reports are duplicating a specific URL segment at the end of each URL.

After my website domain, I use /pt/ do define the language "Portuguese" and /en/ to define "English". My analytics reports are duplicating this /pt/ segment at the end of the URL.

For example, the correct url ending "www.mydomain.com/pt/home" is being ALSO displayed as "www.mydomain.com/pt/home/pt" or sometimes ending with more "/" like "www.mydomain.com/pt/home/pt///"

I tried to simulate in every possible way to see how this happens when navigating the website, but haven't found the duplicated segment in any URL.

The strange thing is that this started a couple of weeks ago, but when I filter for this error, Analytics show a report as this was happening several months ago, in july 2014, which is certainly not. Along with that, it also shows the error on my test website reports, that only I have access, and I never saw any URL with this error.

Any clues how to solve this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong/duplicated url segments being displayed on reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Guilherme,

please check your view settings in Analytics for any strange website's URLs and/or default pages defined here.

Additionally, are there any view filters that are altering page URLs?

Christoph