Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

WordPress Theme folder showing in page paths

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just noticed that the WordPress theme folder name is showing in some of the page paths of my reports, and was wondering if anyone had experienced this before.

For example when I view Behaviour > Site Content > All Pages, it shows a version of the page with the theme folder name visible and one without -

/theme_folder/news/article_name/
/news/article_name/

The URL's containing the theme folder should lead to a 404 error as that page doesn't actually exist; however the Average Time on Page indicate that the user spent around 2 minutes on the page, so they must have been served the page and read through the article.

Is this simply something to do with how WordPress generates the pages dynamically?
Is there anyway to prevent this, as it's dividing the stats for what are essentially the same page?

Re: WordPress Theme folder showing in page paths

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Turns out the PHP logic I had written to prevent the tracking code being included while I worked on localhost isn't working all the time. So what I thought was the theme folder name, was actually the subdirectory inside my MAMP htdocs folder.