Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Widget/Graph Error - Unexpect Domain Column

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am working on a dashboard showing demographics for our site www.fsresidential.com. My main objective is to create a bar graph that shows sessions grouped by Affinity Category and then pivots based off of Age.  When I try to pivot, I get an error that reads "Unexpected Domain Column" and the graph will not display.

This was working perfectly a week ago and suddenly stopped. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Re: Graph Error - Unexpect Domain Column

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am getting the same error with Adsense results. All my previously working widgets suddenly do not work any more.

Re: Widget/Graph Error - Unexpect Domain Column

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same for me. It breaks with the error "Unexpected Domain Column (column #1)". This widget was previously working fine. I tried recreating it with no luck. Removing the pivot from the bar graph fixed the error, but obviously I wanted the pivot data. I noticed this error about a month ago, but figured it was an issue on my end. Sadly it's still there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Exactly same thing is happening for me! Did you find the issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No solutions yet. I am hoping one of the experts sees this and is able to help us. I've been working with Google Analytics for about 10 years and have never seen this error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for update, we just have to wait and see for the experts then! For
me at least, it seems to be only for the "Bars" Dashboard. Same for you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I everyone - we have the same issue as well. The widget was working fine but showing the same "Unexpected domain column (column #1)" issues... hopefully google or someone might have an answer soon?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same here. All my loyalty tracking widgets with demo pivots are showing an identical error. I did see that some of the nomenclature in the grouping/dimensions changed slightly recently so perhaps this is a bug GA is working on?

Either way, really hoping this gets resolved soon... this is screwing up several of my automated reports to stakeholders/contributors.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not working here as well.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have the same problem in some dashboards. Hoping for a solution.