Analytics
6.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Why I got 25k clicks on my ads but pageviews only 2k?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please share your knowledge to this topic. Thank you so much.

Re: Why I got 25k clicks on my ads but pageviews only 2k?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Please elaborate your question. If possible share the screenshots.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, I don't have a screenshot. It's the question from my colleague.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ketnapha,

as this is a (hypothetical?) question from a college, I can only assume, why there is a difference.

So here are some ideas:
1. Different tracking tools: The ad clicks are counted by tool X, the pageviews are counted by Google Analytics. Diffenrent tools for tracking for usually result in different numbers.
2. Filters: The clicks are counted before the data reaches Google Analytics where filters are set up. E.g.: Somebody uses an IP which is filtered by Google Analytics and he/she clicks on an ad. The click is counted, but not the pageview.
3. Click Fraud.
4. Technical problems: The page is/was not available at the hole time or missing or wrong tracking code on the page. Somebody clicks on an ad, but the pageview is not counted due to the named technical problems.

There mighte some more reasons for the difference. And the ideas above may be not resposible for the huge difference. But one or more of the ideas above may be responsible for the difference.

Bye. Nils.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nils,

Thanks for shared your ideas.
I think no.2 and 3 are possible.