Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Why Google Analytics not working suddenly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Suddenly my Google analytics is not working.

I create a new account and got the new tracking ID, still not working.

I checked with "tag assistant(Chrome extension)", It says "No http response detected"

Where is the possible problem and how can I solve this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Kajan 

#1 Make sure any Ad Blocker extensions you have enabled are disabled when using Tag Assistant. 

#2 If (#1) doesn't work than "No http response detected" means that you've deployed your Analytics tag but it is not successfully firing. In this case make sure to reinstall your Analytics tag within the <head> of your website. 

Let me know if this solves your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

Forget about number 2. I deployed the Analytics tag in the right place. 

I don't understand your number 1 tip. Could you please give a good description about your number 1 tip?

BTW, my analytics didn't work before adding the tag assistant extension. After this fault only I add that extension. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Kajan, 

Go to real-time to QA if Analytics is detecting traffic to your page with your new property/view. 

If it is not then it is almost certainly an implimentation issue and then i strongly recommend that you re-install your Analytics code. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joshua,

Nothing appears in the real-time view. It's empty.

And I re-install my analytics code 3 times today. Paste it in the head section. Also, I tried through a plugin(Google Analytics) as well. But, sadly nothing sort out my problem yet. 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi! Can you post a link to your site, it makes it easier for forum members to trouble-shoot.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Here is my link. www.worthofread.com

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kajan N
December 2016

Re: Why Google Analytics not working suddenly

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

ok - took a quick look and you've got 3 sets of tracking code, all of which are reporting errors. Nothing inherently wrong with different trackers, but they are showing errors. Here's a screen shot from tag assistant:

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 08.08.52.png

I'd recommend that you identify which is your code and then ensure it has been added correctly - check for formatting errors or missing code.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got it now. Actually, I pasted my old code inside the genesis theme setting head section and I pasted my new code inside the editor panel head section without deleting my old one. 

Now I deleted my old code and everything works fine. Thaks John. 

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Cool, glad I could help. Recommend that you familiarise yourself with the following extensions Google Tag Assistant, as well as GA Debugger; they'll make your life much easier in the future! :-)