Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Why Different Real Time Traffic for My Multiple Channels?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In google analytics data, I would like to clarify my doubt on different realtime traffic data showed for my multiple channels at the same time. Say for an ExampleI checked One of my site abc.com at 9.45am IST and it is showing real time traffic from 12pm to 7pm, where as at the same time my another site xyz.com is showing real time traffic from 12pm to 9pm. Why my site xyz.com is showing more data ahead of abc.com? I was Just wondering that whether the real time traffic data depends on the total amount of traffic the website receives? Confused....

Very much appreciated if anyone helps on my query...

Re: Why Different Real Time Traffic for My Multiple Channels?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you sure you are seeing under Real time reports, as they only report on past 30 mins.

more help: https://www.hallaminternet.com/2014/real-time-data-google-analytics/ 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Buddy,

Let me Explain... If i select the current date [i.e] 9th Nov 2015 and click the tab Audience -> overview section i can see the traffic data different for multiple channels. Say for an Example I checked One of my site abc.com at 9.45am IST and it is showing real time traffic from 12pm to 7pm, where as at the same time my another site xyz.com is showing real time traffic from 12pm to 9pm.

This is my question to clarify my query.Thanks in advance for prompt reply.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Will you be able to provide the screenshot of the two over view reports you are referring to?

Also I would check for below points:

1. Is the data being sampled
  2. Timezones for which the views is setup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.

Few queries:

1. how are the two views/site  abc.com and xyz.com  related?
  2. What do you expect as a right overview report?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Please ignore my previous post.

I think I got your query.

There is a good post on quora: https://www.quora.com/How-lagged-is-the-reporting-of-Google-Analytics

<<It depends on the amount of incoming traffic.
My Google Analytics account of a small site (<1,000 daily pageviews) updates about every 10 minutes.
My Google Analytics account of a very large site (50 million+ daily pageviews), it takes about 4-6 hours.>>

<<In one of the GA videos, Avinash and Nick explained that small sites will have their data processed more quickly than larger sites, possibly within a couple of hours. The larger sites have so much traffic that it gets cached for later processing when loads are lighter, and they will see the largest delays, but it all typically gets done within 24 hours. >>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guru,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find my inline comments for your queries:

1. how are the two views/site abc.com and xyz.com related?
2:What do you expect as a right overview report?
Comments ==> Both abc.com and xyz.com are related to the same kind of business and getting more or less same page-views.But as you seen in the screenshot before, we checked the audience ==> overview section at 1Pm [Afternoon] today , we observed that one site is showing traffic data from 12pm [night] to 12am [morning] where as another site is showing traffic data from 12pm to 5am..Why the second site is not showing the traffic data from 12pm to 12am as like my first site? this is our question at the beginning itself..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks A Lot...GA GURU........I got the answer.....Yeah I observe the same...