AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Why Are These URLs Being Reported as Organic Landing Pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm finding organic landing pages in Analytics that are for pages that can only be found when you are logged in. For example:

/shipping/tracking/popup/hash/b3JkZXJfaWQ6NjA1ODI6MzVlODg4/
/shipping/tracking/popup/hash/b3JkZXJfaWQ6NjA2OTY6Y2MxYTVl/
/shipping/tracking/popup/hash/b3JkZXJfaWQ6NjA4NjA6ZmYzMDc1/

when I use site operator search for /shipping/tracking/popup/hash/ nothing shows in SERPs. Why would these be showing as organic landing pages? Is it possible it's direct search that incorrectly showed hereshipping-tracking examples.JPG

Why Are These URLs Being Reported as Organic Landing Pages?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This suspiciously look like your customers are getting an email confirmation following a purchase and there's a link to track the order. When they click on it, it's a direct link and the landing page will be what you see. 

In essence, quoted from this article from E-Nor, "If the source of a previous session was an organic, referral, or campaign clickthrough, that previous source will be recorded again instead of direct as the source for a returning session."

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy