Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

When you add and enable google analytics on your website, can it display data from before you added?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I feel I know the answer to this already, and that sadly it is no. Because of how exactly google analytics relays information I feel it doesn't begin storing events to be displayed until after you've added the code into your html page, but I just want clarity on this. Can someone confirm this for me? Or better yet tell me my gut is wrong and explain why it's wrong?

Re: When you add and enable google analytics on your website, can it display data from before you ad

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
No It won't. You will have data after adding GA code only.

Thanks

Re: When you add and enable google analytics on your website, can it display data from before you ad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

As you suspected, the answer is no.

However, if you once had a tracking code on your site collecting data, and that got removed for whatever reason, you will be able to access the historical data gathered by that tracking code.

I hope this helps.