Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

What's the best way to create a segment that picks sessions that didn't perform an internal search?

ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Google Analytics' pre-defined 'Performed Site Search' segment is defined with 'Search Term: does not match regex ""^$|^\(not set\)$". I want to create the opposite segment, picking sessions that didn't perform a site search.

performed-search-segment.png

I have tried two things, saying 'Search Term: matches regex "^$|^\(not set\)$" and creating a segment that says 'Site Search Status' exactly matches 'Visits Without Site Search' but when I look at my created segments, one and the other, together with the pre-defined 'Performed Site Search' the percentages don't add up to 100%

didnt-perform-search-segment.JPG

Can anyone provide advice on this, please?

Thanks very much, A.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACG
March

Re: What's the best way to create a segment that picks sessions that didn't perform an internal sear

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

You can copy the pre-defined 'Performed Site Search' segment and change it from Include those user to Exclude those users from the segment that performed a site search instead

add-segment.jpg

add-segment02.jpg

add-segment03.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

What's the best way to create a segment that picks sessions that didn't perform an internal search?

ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Great- so silly of me, I complicated my life. thanks very much!