AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

What is session quality score?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

What is session quality score?Google has promised to roll out this metric but how to access it in GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's another machine learning feature like Smart Goals where GA can supposedly predict low, medium, & high quality sessions. So if a user is more likely to purchase or convert I believe that session gets a rating closer to 100 and a user less likely to convert will get a smaller rating. One cool thing you can do is create a Quality Session segment and see user behavior that way... useful if you want to see how high vs low quality users interact with your site.

This is found under Audience > Behavior, except I've rarely seen it. It's just a beta right now. Keep checking back in the months to come!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Soumik,

This report(Audience > Behavior > Session Quality) has some requirements:

- 1000 transactions per month, so e-commerce tracking must be implemented;

- GA needs 30 days of data at that level(1000 transactions in the last 30 days) to model.

After that you can use this data for segmentation, remarketing, bot searching, personalization with Google Optimize 360, etc.

Re: What is session quality score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Soumik,

This new metric is located under Audience -> Behavior

This measure calculates a score for each session reflecting the user’s proximity to conversion using similar machine learning. While the score 1 means low chances to convert and the closer to 100 means high probability to convert.

You have to have eCommerce implementation, with more than 1000 transactions. GA also requests 30 days for training the data before predicting this measure

You can read more in depth in this article