Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

What is Goal id/Slot in Google analytics?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What is actually  Goal ID 1 -Goal Set 1-Slot id in Google Analytics?Please explain

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

So you can organize and group them where necessary

Goal ID and goal sets
Every goal you create is assigned a numeric ID, from 1 to 20. Goals are grouped into sets of up to 5 individual goals. Goal sets allow you to categorize the different types of goals for your site. For example, you might track downloads, registrations, and receipt pages in separate goal sets. These sets appear in your reports as links beneath the Explorer tab in many reports.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012040?hl=en&ref_topic=6150889#goal_sets

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

So In a view there is 20 maximum goals.So as per ur answer how many maximum sets are in a view? 4 sets ?each set 5 goal?

Means 20 goals(4 sets)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Every goal you create is assigned a numeric ID, from 1 to 20. Goals are grouped into sets of up to 5 individual goals.

up to 4 sets

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok.Thanks .Understood!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

the sets appeared when more goal types were introduced. They were meant to classify goals by type (URL, time, pages, event).

Nowadays sets are really just used for goal grouping in reports.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There is a way to rename ID and goal set in the admin configuration?

Thanks in advance for your answer 

Best, Santiago

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Santiago,

unfortunately no

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien

Thanks for your answer, Its a shame cause is not a great think named as they are...

Best, Santiago