Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Want to outline my online presence in sale of business to show true value.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,
I'm looking to try and sell my business and move on to something new. Ideally I'd want an outright sale, perhaps with a tiny % retainer if I can manage that in a deal. Anyway, Most of the value I see in the business is in its online reputation and rankings, not to mention the look etc of the website. It's pretty much a packaged business ready to go and has everything somebody would need to run it, but unfortunately, I haven't been running it with maximising profits as focus, so the sales and profit figures are far lower than they could be, even refusing a lot of jobs and putting up notices of no service due to no availability. Asking for a price based on these figures would have me get far lower than I'd want as the figures are actually very low. So my aim would be to get a report done on the online presence that I have and how it can convert to sales and how much my organic rankings and reputation would save compared to spending the money on Google clicks etc.

So I'm looking for someone experienced in SEO and all things online to do up some kind of report that shows how I've been ranking for various terms and what that could be worth to potential purchasers.

Would this be something that's possible?

I see Google analytics doesn't give the keywords unless you pay for adwords and they are all "not provided". I think there's a keyword tool that gives you estimates of what it would cost for the clicks. So my hope was to be able to get someone who'd be able to put this down in an easy to understand way (maybe even with charts etc?), do you think it would be possible given I haven't been running any campaigns? Also, I thought my developer set up a goal for my contact form, but it appears it's not been collecting any data.

Even if I had just 5 keywords that I could show that I've been ranking close to #1 organically for the past 2/3 years and how much clicks for the same keyword would cost with adwords.

Any feedback would be great!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Want to outline my online presence in sale of business to show true value.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I think what you are looking for is the tool called SEMrush and not Google Analytics.
GA won't be able to tell you "estimates" it is a tool to measure/track/report your website traffic only.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Another solution may be to set up Google Webmaster tools and let it track for a couple of months it will show you keywords that you poped up in a search on what your ranking or position was and how many people clikced on it. You can even intergrate it into your GA account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for the reply. This looks interesting, I wonder how reliable it is though? Historical data is only available if you pay $149, so I'd need to know it's reliable info if I'm paying that. Also, I checked two competitors, both of whom I've spoken to and I know they are paying between €2,000/3,000 each on Google adwords, but when viewing their stats, it appears they aren't paying anything but their traiffc is showing as organically better than my site, which I'm not sure is fight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for the input, have you experience of SEMrush as mentioned above and do you think your solution would provide more in depth info? I'd rather not wait a few months to gather info if I can get it off SEMrush, but only if it's reliable info Smiley Wink

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
I have no experience with SEMrush, sounds interesting and if time permits I can have our test team check into it and give me a report. But that would not take place until September at the earliest.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian, if you ever manage to get around to it, please post back here with any findings Smiley Happy