Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

WP-Admin pages show up in Google Analytics results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In looking at my Site Content Pages report, I am seeing pages that look like WP-Admin pages (can't post examples?).  I have no idea why WP-Admin pages are showing in my stats?  How do I eliminate this?   If I look at the User Flow, it seems that at least some of this comes after a page on my blog.

Web site is a WordPress self hosted blog (on GoDaddy). 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda D
December 2015

Re: WP-Admin pages show up in Google Analytics results

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi :-) Thank you :-)
Which admin pages are being tracked? Sometimes login pages and post preview pages etc will sometimes be tracked.

I may be wrong but also from memory, the plugin also offers the option of tracking logged in and non logged in users (guests) 
For help with 3rd party plugins usually you are best to approach the plugin creator on their support thread on wordpress.org or via other means
if they indicate they have a support forum or similar.
They are the most knowledgeable about their product and it's behaviour and will be able to tell you if its a bug or expected behaviour or a configuration/installation issue.
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linda :-)

How has the tracking code been installed?
Manually via editing theme files, or using a plugin for installing Google Analytics or some other method?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The tracking code was put into the plugin for Google Analytics. I really don't have access to edit my theme so have to do it all with plugins. Hope this helps to identify the problem :-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Can you please provide a link to the website.. also which plugin is being used (there are numerous plugins available for installing Google Analytics)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My travel blog is at www.retiredandtravelling.com . I am using the "Google Analytics Dashboard for WP" v4.9.1 . I noticed they just pushed 4.9.1.1 (which I just did) - and I am still seeing the WP-Admin pages.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda D
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi :-) Thank you :-)
Which admin pages are being tracked? Sometimes login pages and post preview pages etc will sometimes be tracked.

I may be wrong but also from memory, the plugin also offers the option of tracking logged in and non logged in users (guests) 
For help with 3rd party plugins usually you are best to approach the plugin creator on their support thread on wordpress.org or via other means
if they indicate they have a support forum or similar.
They are the most knowledgeable about their product and it's behaviour and will be able to tell you if its a bug or expected behaviour or a configuration/installation issue.
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the dialogue. I will follow up with the Plugin creator and see what parameter on dozens of pages I may have missed :-)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You're welcome, sorry i cant be of more help with this particular issue.
For what its worth from the front end when i looked at the site via browser, the tracking seems to be installed correctly

Cheers
Bronwyn :-)