Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Visits not being recorded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since installing Windows updates last week, I have lost Google analytics visitor flow information for all past months.  Current visitors are not showing up in the visitor flow chart.  I know I have visitors at my Weebly web site; in fact, I visited the site myself.  Weebly recorded my visit; Google analytics did not.

Two things are new, as well as strange:  (1)  what is being recorded are visitors on a "free share buttons top."  (2)  The language option shows the following:  "Secret Google.com.  You are invited!  Enter only with this ticket URL.  Copy it.  Vote for Trump!  

I have Windows 8.  I thank you in advance for your assistance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visits not being recorded

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are you able to provide the url of your website?

The analytics reports are reported online, updating your computer cant suddenly delete data that has already been reported in GA reports online.
Are you looking at the reports for the correct GA Account, website Property and View(s)
Did you accidently delete a View that held that particular data?

Do you have any filters applied to the View in Google Analytics?
If so, did you keep the initial View - All Website Data without any filters applied to it (as per suggested best practices)

The two other things you mention sound like spam data being reported. This is not an issue specific to Google Analytics. Usually it can be fixed by creating a new View and applying some filter to exclude particular data so its not showing in the report.
Its a long but recommended read about the different spam data that can occur within reports and how to setup the filters necessary for combating it
http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Visits not being recorded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, Bronwyn:

Thank you for your response. I am not all that computer savvy, so please
stick with me...

The url is, assuming I understand the term correctly:
http://lebelvedere.weebly.com/blog

Please note that Weebly says it recently changed the URL format, which
makes me wonder.

I am continuing to review if I have any filters or not; I doubt it, but