Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Visits Per page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I am looking for a way to get visits per page as want to know how many individual product pages are viewed per visit

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Visits Per page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sophie
Go to Behavior > Site Content > All Pages and put your URI into the search box or click the page you want the stats for.

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer.

We have product pages on our sites what I would like to know is how many product pages are viewed per person.
e.g Does each person on average 3/4 product pages?

is it as simple as creating a custom report that puts visits and pageviews and simply dividing one over the other?

Many Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author InchcapeDigital
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sophie,
Yes, you could do that. Or, you could set up a goal.
You could set the goal to be "pageviews greater than or equal to 4" and you'll be able to get a better idea of who and what is converting to that. That's what I'd do anyway.

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi:

Not to threadjack, but:  I've looked all over, and as stupid as this sounds, I cannot now figure out how to see the source--the referrers, etc., for one day's traffic. I had a massive traffic spike on 11/22.  I know I used to be able to see the throughput sources, but now for the life of me, I can't find it.  I've also tried searching for this, but even though the question was asked, and obviously answered on the old Google forums, when I click through to that post, I get dumped in here (I loathe this new format, if anyone at Google is listening), and no amount of searching turns up that thread. Or any thread, for that matter.

Can anyone tell me HOW I can see the sources/referrers, etc., for a specific day's traffic?  I've purchased a massive book on GA, but at the moment, for biz reasons, I really need to know how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I follow instructions quite well. :-)  TYIA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kimberly - have you tried looking at the "Full Referrer" dimension for data? You can set your date range to look solely at 11/22, filter your report to medium = referral and set your reporting dimension to Full Referrer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Uh...nope. Nor do I see any indication of how I do that. I'm in Audience Overview, and I see the spike...but I don't see anything about "full referrer." Are you referring to a form of custom reporting? Is there actually NO way, in the Analytics Dash, to simply drill down on a single day? What am I not seeing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's correct - Full referrer is available in custom reports. If you're on the standard reporting section, you can also navigate to Acquisition -> Referrals from the lefthand menu and change your date range to only look at 11/22.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Chris:

I guess I should have been more explicit when I asked this question originally. I'm sitting here looking at the Acquisition-->Referrals page. That's where I started. My problem is, no matter what option, button, selector, etc. I look ai, I can't seem to see the referrers for that date. Now, having changed the overall date, to 11/22-11/23, all I can see are 6 "sessions," or 15 visitors--not hundreds--as if all the other visits that are claimed in the weekly view don't exist. I give up. I can't seem to make heads or tails out of this newer GA interface; it's designed for what used to be called MFA sites and, I guess, folks that have an IT department to read it for them. I really don't have the time to waste hours trying to figure out what should be ONE freaking simple thing. I'll try to see if I can find out this information in WT.

Thanks anyway, Chris. I appreciate the time you took to respond.