Analytics
6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Viewing traffic from GMB in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't seem to find Google My Business traffic in Analytics. I understand that GMB has it's own reports but they are very basic. I did come across this article:
http://localu.org/blog/how-to-segment-local-search-analytics/ but just wondering if there is an easier way to view GMB traffic? Also, would you say that GMB traffic is embedded as a part of Google / Organic traffic or it falls under Direct Traffic? My GMB show visits to the Website in it's report so those visits to the website must be part Analytics reports somewhere.

Any insight greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Viewing traffic from GMB in Alalytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also interested to know how to track the Local 3-Pack Traffic in Analytics.

(According to the latest comment in the above article that method only works for tracking traffic from Map Search

but not when someone clicks on the listing in the 3-Pack). Again without UTM code and special settings do you think that at the moment all of the GMB traffic is part of the overall Google / Organic Traffic or it falls under Direct Traffic? Thanks a lot