Analytics
4.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

View combined report of all variations of case sensitive URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way that (with Read / Analyze) I can view a particular report (content drill down) for combined case sensitive parts of a URL.

For example, I have first step of the domain as /sites/, the next level down I have /xx/, /XX/, and /Xx/. Is this because various links that may guide people into/around my sites have a varying way of being typed? Is there a way to view all of these together? Below each of them will be some sub-site directories and I want to view some basic data for all of them, combined without having to go into each one and downloading a CSV and adding them together... hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt, you'll have to apply a filter on your view that converts your URLs to lowercase.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823?hl=en

Note that this is not retroactive.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt, you'll have to apply a filter on your view that converts your URLs to lowercase.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823?hl=en

Note that this is not retroactive.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien, I had looked into this before, but I couldn't seem to add new filters - I think I need extra permissions to add them, so I'll keep bugging the account owner to get me them.