Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

View combined report of all variations of case sensitive URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way that (with Read / Analyze) I can view a particular report (content drill down) for combined case sensitive parts of a URL.

For example, I have first step of the domain as /sites/, the next level down I have /xx/, /XX/, and /Xx/. Is this because various links that may guide people into/around my sites have a varying way of being typed? Is there a way to view all of these together? Below each of them will be some sub-site directories and I want to view some basic data for all of them, combined without having to go into each one and downloading a CSV and adding them together... hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt, you'll have to apply a filter on your view that converts your URLs to lowercase.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823?hl=en

Note that this is not retroactive.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien, I had looked into this before, but I couldn't seem to add new filters - I think I need extra permissions to add them, so I'll keep bugging the account owner to get me them.