Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Very Low % New Sessions in Experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble understanding "% New Sessions" in Experiments, any advice would be very appreciated.

In general we have ~85% "New Sessions" on our site, but we're running an experiment on a single page on our site and are seeing strange numbers. We have the experiment using 100% of traffic and have "Distribute traffic evenly across all variations" set to "On." 

The experiment is showing 16.67% of traffic to the original page being new sessions and 0% new sessions for traffic to the variation. So what gives? Could it be "% New Sessions" here just means users that have been to this particular page previously? I thought it meant if they had never visited the site/domain before. 

We're about to do an a/b test on our home page so I want to make sure I've set things up right before messing something up.

Re: Very Low % New Sessions in Experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is still bothering me, no one has any ideas?
Experiment is now based on 429 sessions and still 0 % New Sessions for the Variation, seems really odd...