Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Using analytics with a private group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am hoping someone can help me. I am completely new to this google analytics. I've been researching and watching trainings but I am trying to find a way to easily track the traffic in a private group. No one is allowed to post in the group besides managers and it is a place where people come to read company annoucements and get necessary information about their job requirements which are ever changing. 

I am trying to see out of the 434 members we have, how many are accessing the site on a daily basis, which tabs on our site are most frequently visited and which days of the week do visits happen more often.

I can see under cohort analysis it mentions members but it list 134 as 100% so I'm not even sure I am using this or interpreting it correctly. 

Any pointers any has would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You need to implement the User-ID functionality. See https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123666?hl=en to help you get started.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Phillip! Looks as if I need one of our company developers to help with implementing this as I don't have the necessary permissions! I appreciate the response and it looks as if it is my solution!