Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Using Google Tag Manager with Google Cultural Institute

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

My organization installed Google Tag Manager about a month ago. I'm compiling our monthly report, which includes data on visitors to the content we have up on the Google Cultural Institute. Our views have gone way down—from several hundred to single digits. I'm thinking it may be a result of the switch to the new Arts & Culture site, but also wondering if Tag Manager might mess with the tracking.

Any guidance appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using Google Tag Manager with Google Cultural Institute

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, it could. The same way as any technical mistake. Check all triggers - are they correct? Is container published? Did you set up Google Analytics tag? Do you use correct GA property ID?

Re: Using Google Tag Manager with Google Cultural Institute

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Mara K,

You can learn more about the tracking code with a great Google Chrome extension called Google Tag Assistant. This is a free tool for verifying Google tracking code and learning what they are doing when a visitor lands on a page. 

Take a look and find out if the tags are healthy (properly defined and installed).

Further, this training series by Cassie Hartt on Tag Manager is super valuable. 

Kind Regards,

James